Create simple and elegant indoor ambience with DIY Wine Glass Lamps. You’re probably wondering… what are those? Using wine glasses, LED tealight candles, and construction paper or craft paper, you can create mini lamps that are simple, chic, and safe to display anywhere. Place them on end tables in your house or with centerpieces at weddings and events to create a subtle glow and warm atmosphere. They can be made to match any decoration or theme and the shades can be easily changed for future use. Plus, they’re small and portable, making them easy to transport and assemble. You can find the supplies you need for this DIY project !
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Wine Glasses
- LED Tealight Candles
- Craft Paper or Construction Paper
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Available at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Using a pencil, trace a semi-circle shape onto your craft paper or construction paper as shown. Make your shape long enough to fit around the brim of your wine glass, and this will be your lamp shade. Tip: Use a circular object, like the rim of a bowl, to trace your semi-circle.
- Use scissors to cut out your lamp shade, and then wrap it around the top of your glass leaving an inch or two above the brim to ensure that it fits.
- Once you have the lamp shade wrapped to the correct size, remove it from the wine glass and glue the ends together, trimming any excess paper. Hold the lamp shade together for one minute, until the glue has set.
- Turn on the LED tealight, insert it into the wine glass, and then place the paper lamp shade to rest on the brim of the wine glass. Repeat these steps to create as many wine glass lamps as you need for your wedding, event, or home decorations.